Saturday 7 May 2016

Work Diary - Shoot 2: Views of London

Evaluation 

This is the follow up shoot from the one previously. However, in this shoot in London I will focus on the sights and views, rather than the people. I want to capture the popular sights of London such as the tower bridge, as well as some of the basic daily London-life views like the train stations. Within this shoot, I wanted to capture the obvious, as well as the less obvious views of London. For instance, whilst I was actually shooting, I took photos of the River Thames and came across a bunch of locks attached to the railing with different couples' initials and photos of them etc, which I wouldn't have came across if I hadn't have been looking at the river. I enjoyed both these shoots, as although they are similar, they allowed me to focus on two things at once, and capture a variety of different photos of people and views. 

This is one of the images I took in an underground train station, which is why it appears slightly grainy as I didn't have a chance to change the settings of my camera. However, once I edited the photo to black-and-white, I think the grainy effect adds to the dark and rustic feel of the train station anyway. I like this image because of the depth from the top of the escalator to the bottom, but also because the lights along the escalator walls go dark and light in a pattern which adds to the depth of the image as well. 


This is an image I shot from above whilst on a bridge, of the streets of London. I like this photo in particular because it literally has everything in it, from cars and buses, to people in a rush, to the train station etc. This photo perfectly reflects the rush and busy feel of London on a working day. I kept this photo in colour as I like that the big red bus is emphasised amongst the street, as that is a typical London attraction. 

Progression 

For my next shoot, I'm actually flipping my topic to the other side, and want to observe the contrast between busy London, against the emptiness and derelict atmosphere of Abandoned Houses. Therefore, I will be shooting images that a lot more eerie, which will be extremely different to the first two shoots of the busy streets of London. 

No comments:

Post a Comment